Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Feeling weak...

Today, I had another unit of blood drained out of me. x___x (~400mL according to the nurse). Ouch!

I also had a CT Scan done to provide the surgeon and doctors a clearer picture of whats going on in the heart. The surgery is coming soon. D: !


Because the CT Scan was my first time as I have never had to do anything this serious about my body health, I was quite surprised at all the steps in the procedure of just taking a simple scan.

First, I had to change into their hospital "gown", which is pretty common even for other simpler procedures such as an x-ray scan.

Then they stuck several wires on me to hook up the electrocardiogram.

They then inserted a needle in my right arm (closest pathway to the heart), right into one of those veins which are visible. That hurt too. x__x;

Next, they put me into the machine, I had to lie down on something roughly resembling a bed, its flat, it has a pillow, it was pretty comfortable... I think I slept for like 30 seconds at a time... oops =P
The needle they stuck on me would allow them to inject a "dye" into me to give the visible pictures from the instrument. The dye made me feel warm. :o The nurse said it was normal. They also injected some medicine into me to lower my heart rate. Since a slower heart means less blurry picture (For this concept, imagine your camera, standing and taking a picture as opposed to moving while taking a picture).

The most interesting part I found during the whole procedure was during the scan. The machine actually read out "Take a deep breath and hold it" and "You can breath normally now". Wow !
So yea.. when I slept, it probably wasn't a good thing. oops =x
All that took like 2 hours because of waiting. Boo...

Then I had another blood donation, exactly the same as the one I had on Jun 2, 09. It felt just as painful, but this time, my arm didn't freeze unlike last time, I actually felt no after effects of the donation. Yay for me!

All in all a good trip though, counting down to the surgery date, Jun 19. 11 days to go!

Pray for a success for me, if you can. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment