Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

How to Distinguish Fake and Real Nendoroid Petits

As you may already know, I went to G-Anime back in Feb 6 and 7, 2010. While I was there. I made a few small purchases, including a FAKE Nendoroid Petit from the Vocaloid Series. I later bought a real one from a store in Ottawa, comicbookshoppe. So here I will compare the two with images.

First of all, the boxes as far as I could see, looked exactly the same. It was unfortunate, since when you buy Nendoroid Petits, they all come in a fully enclosed box. You can't see whats in it.

I don't have pictures of it, but the fake nendoroid petit doesnt have anything for you to build. Just the figure, the base, and the rod to hold it up. It is also just one piece where as the real one has movable pieces (head, arms, waist).

So lets begin by looking at the front. Fake is on the left, real is on the right.
As you can see, the skin tone is completely different, so is the hair colour. The eyes aren't coloured properly either. You can also see the lack in colouring on the clothes and the detached sleeves.

And a close up if you cannot see it clearly.
Though I must say, in poor lighting (this is the best I can do inside a room). Taken early evening. Its a basement by the way. So I don't have much sunlight.

And now for the back shot, again left is fake, right is real.
Again, you can see colouring is lacking on the fake nendoroid petit. It is expected because of the cheep costs. Though since labour is cheap anyway. Why not make a good job out of it? Beats me...

And for the side shot. Same orientation as previous pictures.
I kinda bent the support on the real nendoroid. orz
So it doesn't exactly stand straight. I don't want to risk breaking the rod, so I didn't bend it back. BUT I would assume if the rod wasnt damaged (by me) it would be able to stand straight. Also, notice the base and the rod are not the same between the two. The real one has a smaller base and a more unique rod which has 2 bends instead of just one 90 degrees bend. Also, the one on the right has a ball joint with the base and the figure, so it is possible to change the angle of the figure (ie, to make it slanted like in the picture). The one on the left has no flexibility, it just goes in and stays in. No movement.
It might be also good to note that the hand positions aren't the same, because the real one is movable, while the fake one is stiff. I didn't take pictures of different poses. (Perhaps I should have...)

And time for the biggest difference....
...
..
.
...
..
.
orz

Another image.

For those who didn't feel like reading.

Summary:
- Real one has more colour than the fake
- Posable vs imposable
- Pantsu vs nopan

Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment