Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My First Patlabor Model

Today I just finished building my brother's Patlabor MG model which he abandoned halfway. The mecha is the Ingram 2, one of the three robots used by the "good guys". To be honest, I did not want to build it, since I prefer Gundams over the other series. I like the face of a Gundam, their arsenal is more impressive too. The Ingram 2 only had a shield, baton, shotgun, and pistol. Gundams has beam sabers, beam rifles, hyper bazookas, funnels, axes, and much much more.

Source: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10022857

Though (unless we lost it), we didn't find a battery in the model kit to try out the lights. (>o<)! I am also helping him build his 2nd Patlabor model, which is also MG, and ALSO Ingram 2... He said it was on discount in Japan... The last time he went. My thoughts on the model kit was that it was more difficult than the Gundam MG models I've done in the past. There were screws which needed to be put on and wiring (which was actually quite easy). The main difference between this and Gundams are the foldable grey rubbery plastic used. Because unlike a gundam which only uses hard plastic, the Ingram 2 had rubber pieces to cover the joints in the robot. Those parts are not there to make the model joints more rigid but they actually are supposed to be in the robots. (That paragraph might make no sense, especially when I started trying to explain the grey pieces which covers the joint, if you are interested in knowing, just send me a message here or email). Although I think the number of boards used on this model and on other Gundam MG model kits are about the same, I feel that there are less detail on this model, I'm not sure why. However, based on difficulty to build, this would be ranked higher in my opinion, compared to MG Gundams. Gallery:

No comments:

Post a Comment