Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: Dragon Dog...?

I was at UW yesterday, attending classes. I dropped by my favourite lab instructor for a chat since thats what I like doing... talking. And somehow we got to a conversation about foods and he mentioned a DRAGON DOG at the Davis Centre cafeteria. Told me to try it. So now I have and whats what I thought.

First of all, there are several choices with your dragon dog. As seen in the picture below.

You can choose your sausage, topping, and sauce.

The one I had was,
Honey & Garlic sausage
Crispy Cabbage topping
Cheeky Chilli sauce.

It was surprisingly good. Of course, I have never heard of the topping or sauce. I've had plenty of honey garlic sausages while I lived away from home in Ottawa. But they just microwave the sausage then put it on a grill for a few more minutes. I boil my sausages in water then pan fry them. Not sure which is better.

Although it was great, the cost was $4.50. Not quite the most affordable considering its a hot dog... with different toppings. Hot dogs are $2.50 or something.

I greatly enjoyed the sauce and the topping. The sausage was ok too, but I never had deep fried cabbage before. It was crispy and tasty.

This dragon dog is suppose to be hot, atleast thats what my impression is considering the name of the toppings and sauces. Although there was the Black Pepper sausage that I could have chosen, my configuration wasn't very hot. It was hot, but not hot enough to make me drink water. If its not hot enough for me, then its probably pretty weak in terms of spiciness. For example, a few people I know can handle spicy on a whole higher level than I am. I think I'm one of the poorest people when it comes with dealing with spicy flavours.

But the bottom line is, that its tasty. I don't think its worth the money, however, if you got some extra change and want something for a change. Definitely drop by the University of Waterloo Davis Centre for a taste of the DRAGON DOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment