Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

With that, my final coop term ends.

The goodbye was a sad one, lots of tears were had. Except they were all held inside.

"Good luck in school and your future career"
"Thanks, take care of yourself too"
...


With that marked the finale of the past 8 months of work at National Research Council (NRC).

Without a doubt, it was at this place I learned the most out of all my previous workterms. The people were educated and helpful. The tasks were intriguing and challenging. NRC had it all.

Aside from all the technical skills learned, great memories were carved there also. The times with these special people would be remembered forever. Atleast it will be written on this blog so even if I may ever forget, I shall remember once again when I read this passage.

I couldn't say these things when we parted because I am bad with giving speeches. So let me write it out here after I had to time to think and compose myself.

Thank you Martin for the wonderful guidance,
for without you, I would have sat in silence.
Also thanks to Cameron for helping me fit in,
it made asking questions not feel like a sin.
The wonderful solutions Alex suggested,
were so brilliant when I had tested.
Your abilities made me felt kind of weak,
but Pier's kindness showed up when I had seek,
turned my feelings upside down,
for there was a grin from a frown.
Lets not forget about Malgosia,
without you, there would be no fire.
You are the soul of our department,
with years of experience and commitment.
Thank you Lisette for the useful email,
keeping us in check so we don't fail.
It keeps us aware of our situation,
even if that means no more vacation.
The people there are always working,
but its all work and no singing.
That was why I started a noise,
it was called "delicious and moist".
I hope you enjoyed reading this script,
I had a tough time, my paper's all ripped.
Too many mistakes during compilation,
but now its nearing the completion.
With that I bid you all farewell,
we'll meet again, I swear upon my spell.

*staring*
*spell coujuring*
*spell conjured*

On a completely different note, my landlady also requested a poem, so I wrote this one here.

Oh where, where, where do I live?
Work at NRC starts on the fifth.
Without a shelter, death is certain,
but Marina had an open curtain.
She took me in, like a kind mother,
of a lost cat, when others didn't bother.
I felt for once there was warmth,
it was then, that I had sworn,
I would pay back her good deed,
500 monthly, if she need.
Thank goodness she accepted,
or else I would feel neglected.
Thus began my new life,
including home cooking with a knife.
There was a cat, her name was Cannelle,
around her cuteness, my composure fell.
I wanted to hug her so many times,
if it cost money, I'd have lost many dimes.
Eventually we became close, but now we must part,
my heart just froze, then pierced by a dart.
It pained me much, to have to separate,
but don't worry, I'll come another date.
Thats what I told myself when I moved on,
this memory shall never be gone.
Let us part for now, but its not the last,
we'll see in no time, since time moves very fast.

Unless someone wants to tell me, I suck at this, I think I might have a knack for writing poems. Atleast rhyming ones, all the other ones, I got no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment