Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anime Expo 2008

Last year during August 22-24, 2008 at Toronto's Metro Convention Centre, Anime Expo 2008 took place.

In my opinion the size of it was not as big as Anime North of the same year, but then again, this expo was not just for anime. Anime was only one of the 5 exhibitions present at the convention. The other 4 were Comic Book Expo, Science Fiction Expo, Festival Fear Horror Expo, and Gaming Expo.

The main focus for me for that expo was animes and gaming. There was only 1 room for vending and merchandise, of that room, only 2 rows were for animes. That room also had showcase for newly released games like Soul Caliber IV as well as demo game consoles for everyone to try. The gaming tournament was also held in that room. Really, for shopping purposes, this expo was not the place to be. Otherwise, the variety was good, able to impress most people in my opinion.

This would be a good "first" convention for enthusiasts who are not purely into animes as there are many alternatives available to keep you interested. I have included a gallery of the cosplayers my friend and me photographed.

Once again, I will apologize for any poor pictures which may mispresent the idea of the photograph.

Photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pakhinlaw/AnimeExpo2008#

No comments:

Post a Comment