Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Day, May 13, 2010


This post won't be posted on May 13th, 2010. But it was written for that day to announce to the world 2 events worth celebrating.

The first is, I passed my G Driving Examination! This means I am fully capable to be on the road with a car (Atleast thats on paper, I am allowed to). I did take the test at an easier course, there was no need for lane changes on the highway. Also, the highway was 80km/h instead of the standard 100km/h. It wasn't a 400 series highway.

But nevertheless, its over! All the delaying is finally put behind me. I don't have to worry about driving liscence ever again. Only need to renew every few years. But no need to start again from G1 ! Which I would have had to if I had let it expire July of this year.

The reason why I am not posting this until probably 2 weeks later or so is because my parents kept pestering me about the driving test. So out of spite (and because I'm a terrible boy) I decided to deceive them and saying I didn't have an exam and it was all just a scam (a mean one at that, as they've kept pushing and bothering me to get my G liscence done). Do you ever feel like you want some privacy and some space but no one gives it to you? I don't know why, I get it alot around my family. But lets not talk about the sad stuff. I can give you all the gory details if you so insist. But let that be for another day.

With that said, that was the first good news.

The second was I got my iphone replaced. I noticed a crack at the dock connector. People told me about Apple's "great" customer support. So I looked up my case, and I found out other articles online mentioning that Apple would replace the phone for such cracks. So with that in mind, I booked an appointment at 3:50pm of May 13, since I had already taken the day off due to driving examinations.

I got there a bit early, like 1:30, so I asked if I could move my appointment forward, since there was a free spot at 1:40, I was bumped to that time and my 3:50 appointment cancelled.

So the Apple genius greets me, I greet him. I told him about the crack. He said that the crack was so small, normally they wouldn't do anything but they'll make me a special case and replace my phone anyway. So I said "Ok" since that was expected. (Though I don't believe the "I'm a special case" thing since large or small crack, a crack will only get bigger, so he might as well replace it now, since my warranty still has about 2 months to go).

So he took a "new" (from what I can tell, its a refurbished phone, serial starts with 5K, and the box is a white box instead of the genuine iphone box) iphone 3GS, put in my sim card, then have me sign a sheet of paper saying that a replacement iphone was removed from their inventory. And I was left on my way.

Service was quite fast, I never looked at what he was doing with his genius iPod touch. (Maybe database information, ie how many refurbished iPhone 3GS are in stock?) Well, it is regrettable that the phone wasn't brand new, but as long as I don't get any problems and the case doesn't crack again, thats all that matters to me. Probably less than 15 minutes to complete the whole process.

With that said, if anything were to happen, let it occur before the 90 days from May 13th. So I can get another free replacement without applying for additional warranty (which I have no plans to).

On a plus note, my warranty was extended by about a month!

This encounter with Apple was definitely positive. However, I would not yet feel ready to give them my life (computer). I am still very much going to stay with a windows computer unless something major happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment