Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Chako Korean BBQ Review

On May 1st, 2010. The night before the trip back into Ottawa, my friends and I went to a nearby Korean BBQ restaurant, called Chako, for a get together dinner. I haven't seen them in forever, I personally had no opinion where to eat. But I took some pictures of the food and the restaurant inside and compiled a short review.

Location: Plaza Northwest of intersection of Midland and McNicoll Ave.

Good:
- Nice looking exterior and interior (Great presentation)
- Has a choice of some Japanese sushi aside from standard Korean BBQ choices
- Good sushi

Neutral:
- Meat were very well marinated (ie. Lots of flavour/unhealthy/thirsty)
- Their tofu appetizer had a sweet sour sauce (different from standard where its dry and somewhat tasteless)

Bad:
- Long wait time (~20mins)
- Quite noisy (though it can't be helped with over capacity and not meant to insulate sound)
- Expensive (after tax and tip it was around $25 CDN per person)






Conclusion:
I felt it didn't taste much different from other korean BBQ restaurants. Because of the expensive price, about $10 more than normal, I would not recommend this restaurant for most people, unless you desire a nicely decorated restaurant for such an occasion, like, I don't know... proposal (though, you should probably use an english restaurant for that, where its quiet).

No comments:

Post a Comment