Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NSFW: [Orchid Seed] Kawai Ameri PVC Figure Review

Here we have the review for Orchid Seed's 1/8 scale Kawai Ameri from the eroge/anime Tayutama. This is the second PVC figure I've bought from Orchid Seed, the first one being Suku-Mizu Mecha Nurse Girl Nana which I bought over in Japan. I quite like my previous figure from Orchid Seed, minus the difficult part of having her equip her syringe gun. The wing construction also added some more involvement.

So lets see what we have here today.

First of all, lets start with the box... its small... REALLY SMALL! What gives!? I thought this was 1/8 scale? Not 1/10 !
The parcel box compared to a MG Exia Ignition Mode retail box.


The retail box inside parcel along with paper packaging and a thin sheet of bubble wrap.

I was gravely disappointed by the size. I'll post the picture comparing this figure's size against other 1/8 at the end.

But whats done is done. So lets move on.

There were nothing worth noting on the retail box. Except, it really does say 1/8 scale.

See? 1/8 !

As for the figure itself, I found it for the majority of the product to be the same as what I saw online. It looks like a finished product. The paint job is nice. Theres only the water gun which came separate from the figure when I took it out from the box. Theres no instruction booklet unlike some of the castoffable figures I've owned. So its most likely one piece. I didn't apply much force in forcing things apart as I don't want to be left with broken pieces.

What is inside the box.

Much of the figure is bendable, be it good or not (its based on the material which is PVC, some sort of inert polymer, like rubber, thus bends). Basically what you would expect could bend, did; arm, hair, tail, ribbon, shirt.

I bought it for the pose, for that, I didn't regret buying it. I watched the anime that this character was made from, Tayutama. I thought she didn't deserve enough love from the main character. Its been like this for the past little while. I never seem to like the main heroine which is selected for the anime ending.

When I first saw the figure, the smile and the face was what had me sold. I didn't really care for the fact that shes not wearing any pants or that her shirt was half open. For me, the smile was the most radiant aspect from this figure.

Smile! ("Egao" in japanese)

Of course thats not to say that the figure is perfect. The first thing is the same with all other manufacturing processes. Some parts just aren't made perfectly. But in no respect should you expect it to be... or should you...? I don't know =/

There is a gap between the ribbon and the hair.

But on a positive note, that was the only area which seem to have an impurity. The other thing that bothered me was a small crack along the mouth. Its pretty faint, I didn't notice it until I got a really good look. Certain lighting helps to expose it also.

Do you see it? Above the mouth on the left side.

Since I only own one, I can't say if its a factory defect or not. Or maybe something scratched it somewhere along the route from Japan to me. Just be mindful if you happen to buy this or own it and comparing.

The base is not attached to the figure in anyway, it just sits on the base in that groove provided. So its not securely attached, unlike the Touhou figures I own.

Theres no pin or anything sticking out from the base or figure to attach to the figure or base.

The base is also pretty detailed, including very fine words written into the title.

It says "Kiss of my Deity"
(Sorry if you can't see, you'll have to trust me on it because I can't upload the 5186x3456pixel version on picasa, or that'll kill my space)

Summary:
- Too small, not 1/8
- Cute face/lively pose
- Watch out for imperfections
- NSFW

On a closing note, if you look from the sides, you are able to see the nipple on the breasts. I didn't post those pictures on picasa because I don't want google being on my a*s. But I'll say what I saw. Should that be a deciding factor for you.

Size comparison. Both the Shakugan no Shana and To Heart2 figures are also 1/8 scale.

Gallery: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment