Profile

My photo
Just another anime enthusiast.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

First time skating (>w<)

On Mar 26, 2010, I went to my first ice rink to fool around on skates. I had previously (about 8 years ago) learned how to ride rollerblades so I thought it would be similar. To my surprise...

The experience was quite different. Although the basic idea of moving was still the same, I could not stop after skating for 2 hours. Sure.. I could slowly stop from the assistance of friction and gravity. But not the kind of stop that would be needed for say if a mine was in front of me.

Balancing myself wasn't that hard, except from the photos I asked someone to take, I looked like I was pissing my pants, then the urine froze and crystalized and I looked like I was trying to hide it. (Don't worry, it didn't happen). I don't look like I am skating at all ! (And I thought I was doing well too =x)

Though, it was a good experience. The rink was quite cold as I needed my jacket, though after playing for a while, I began sweating so I stripped it off. At that point, I didn't once put it back on.

I fell a total of 2 times. Each time because I tried to stop by grinding the ice while I slid to a perpendicular direction in hopes of stopping like one of those pros. But instead I turned 180 degrees instead, lost my balance and fell like a newb. That sucks.

I was with my brother and his 3 friends. They were all novices in ice skating too. Maybe 3-4 times prior to this. There were many people who skated very well at the rink. Some were even small kids.

Gallery: Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment